Ideal as a stand-alone review or as a companion to NMS Surgery, this highly
practical casebook presents a series of surgical cases that begin with a clinical
scenario and progress step by step through the decision-making process of patient
management. It offers medical students a structured subject review, practice
questions to prepare for the USMLE Step 2 exam, and an opportunity to work through
clinical cases with a unique “what next” approach to decision making.
Updates include a new two-color design, “Deep Thoughts” and “Quick Cuts” text features that clearly call out high-yield information in every chapter, and an all-new chapter on pediatrics covering common congenital anomalies. Clinical images and illustrations offer the opportunity to detect visual clues, and the new pocket-sized format makes it easy to carry and study anytime, anywhere. In addition, this title is packaged with access to the interactive eBook version at no additional cost!
- Provides an excellent review for exams and an opportunity to practice real-world clinical decision making.
- Features a new, two-color design and a handy new pocket-sized format.
- Emphasizes high-yield information with easy-to-spot “Deep Thoughts” and “Quick Cuts” boxes throughout.
- Contains a new pediatrics chapter that brings you up to date with common congenital anomalies.
- Includes case variations so you can consider patients with complications or co-existing conditions.
- Uses an extensive illustration program that provides opportunities to make patient management decisions based on visual cues.
- The perfect companion to Jarrell's NMS Surgery, 6th Edition.
Bruce Jarrell MD
University of Maryland