The first two editions of this book were published by the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP). This product is considered the standard of colposcopy and has the reputation of being the best selling educational teaching module for the physician, resident, or advanced practice clinician who wishes to bridge the gap between the obvious need for increased early detection of cervical, vaginal, and vulvar disease and the intensive education required for colposcopy.
The purpose of the society and the book is to provide education about the lower genital tract through the use of colposcopy. This includes the disciplines of pathology, cytology, cytogenetics, preventive medicine, basic research, gynecologic oncology, and endocrinology which are relevant to the understanding of the pathophysiology of the disease processes of the lower genital tract.
- 1815 color images
- Complete coverage of HPV related diseases, colposcopy and related topics
- Chapters added on adolescents and the expanding field of anal screening, diagnosis of anal HPV related precancer and cancer through high resolution anoscopy and treatment of
- anal and perianal neoplastic disease
- Updated algorithms and guidelines
- Companion website that includes searchable text, images and more
E. J Mayeaux MD Professor of Family Medicine, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Program Director and Vice Chair of Family Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport, LA
J. T Cox MD Director, Women's Clinic (Retired), Student Health Services, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA; Past-President, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP)