MRI Essentials for the Spine Specialist is a comprehensive textbook that details the complex MRI anatomy of the spine and the spectrum of pathological findings in patients with spinal disorders. Covering basic concepts such as the physics of MRI and normal MRI anatomy of the spine as well as advanced MRI techniques, this book will help clinicians develop a systematic approach to the accurate interpretation of spine MRI studies.
- Region-specific and concept-specific chapters systematically covering what the spine specialist must master
- All chapters written by spine surgeons, interventional pain specialists, and radiologists, specifically for clinicians
- More than 450 MR images and 80 instructive illustrations to help readers visualize and clarify their understanding of the concepts presented
- Practical and focused review of how other imaging modalities correlate with and complement MRI
- Common Clinical Questions with answers and detailed explanations in each chapter
This text will be an important resource for spine surgeons, interventional and non-interventional pain specialists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, sports medicine specialists, and any other physicians or allied health professionals with an interest in the management of patients with spinal disorders. It is also an excellent reference for diagnostic radiologists who interpret spine MRI studies and would like to gain a better understanding of the associated clinical aspects.