Intracranial Aneurysm Surgery: Basic Principles and Techniques is a highly approachable and user-friendly manual that takes a step-by-step approach to explaining the techniques of aneurysm surgery. Its straightforward format makes it appealing to all levels, from trainees to seasoned practitioners by putting basic information at the reader's fingertips.
- Offers readers a concise, easy-to-follow guide to aneurysm surgery, so neurosurgeons can quickly find the information they need
- Provides an opportunity for readers to learn the surgical techniques used by senior vascular neurosurgeons with stellar reputations in both open and endovascular treatment of aneurysms
- Uses an engaging and conversational writing style to make complex concepts easy to understand
- Introduces the authors' key guiding principles, including their philosophy of the operating room and skill progression, that are especially useful for trainees
- Includes beautiful original illustrations that elucidate aneurysm surgery techniques
Mastering the approaches presented in Intracranial Aneurysm Surgery: Basic Principles and Techniques will not only help young surgeons learn their craft from highly respected specialists, but will also expand their technical abilities and understanding of the breadth of neurosurgical aneurysm pathology.
Operating Room Considerations - Setup, Equipment and Culture; The Evolution of the Aneurysm Surgeon; Aneurysms of the Internal Carotid Artery at the Origins of Posterior Communicating and Anterior Choroidal Arteries; Aneurysms of the Proximal Internal Carotid Artery; Aneurysms of the Internal Carotid Artery Bifurcation; Aneurysms of the Middle Cerebral Artery; Aneurysms of the Anterior Communicating Artery; Aneurysms of the Distal Anterior Cerebral Artery; Aneurysms of the Proximal Vertebral Artery at the Origin of the Posterior-Inferior Cerebellar Artery; Aneurysms of the Vertebro-Basilar Junction; Aneurysms of the Proximal Basilar Artery; Aneurysms of the Basilar Apex; Very Large and Giant Aneurysms; The Surgical Management of Previously Coiled Aneurysms