Representing the collective efforts of a multinational, multidisciplinary panel
of spine and spinal cord trauma masters, this beautifully illustrated evidence-based
textbook does more than provide multiple treatment options - it offers unique
access to insights from recognized spine experts and a thoughtful yet practical
review of the most relevant literature and clinical evidence available in the
Each chapter centers on pertinent questions and objective reviews of state-of-the-art procedures that guide readers from an evaluation of the evidence through practical recommendations they can easily apply to their own practices.
• Succinct outline format - easy to read and reference
• 138 detailed evidentiary tables appear throughout the text
• An innovative new classification system for spine trauma developed by The Spine Trauma Study Group, composed of 50 internationally recognized spine experts
• 305 high-quality radiographs and 100 full-color drawings and photographs complement the text
• Practical recommendations for the treatment of many common spinal injuries, including odontoid fractures, central cord injuries, and thoraco-lumbar flexion distraction injuries
• Coverage of a comprehensive list of spine topics and traumatic spine conditions at all levels of the spine - in-depth information on everything from intensive care to rehabilitation
Spine and Spinal Cord Trauma: Evidence-Based Management is an invaluable reference for orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, residents and fellows in those specialties, and allied health professionals who care for spine injury patients.