This is the first book written and published that is dedicated solely to hearing loss in older adulthood and, importantly, the processes involved in serving the special needs of older adults who are hearing impaired. It is a concise book, but provides important information for those entering many fields that have as their intent to serve older adults either as a supplement to other texts on communication disorders in aging, or as a concise primary text.
Table of contents
- 1 Hearing Loss In Older Adulthood.
- 2 The Impact Of Hearing Loss On Hearing and Communication In Older Adulthood.
- 3 Hearing Aids and Other Listening Systems--Their Uses For Older Adults.
- 4 Techniques for Improving Listening and Communication Skills For Older Adults Who Are Hearing Impaired.
- 5 Serving the Special Needs of Hearing Impaired Elderly Adults Who Reside in Health Care Facilities