Extraesophageal Reflux Disease represents a group of syndromes in which patients present with symptoms not typical for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), such as: Cough, Asthma, Laryngitis, Globus, Dysphagia and even sinusitis and possibly otitis.
This unique book has compiled commentaries by experts in each of the fields of gastroenterology, allergy, otolaryngology, surgery and pulmonology in order to best understand the current clinical challenges in this field and to help all subspecialties which interact with this group of patients. It will outline diagnostic and management strategies for each of the above symptoms so that we call all better care for this group of difficult to diagnose patients.
- Introduction, Michael Vaezi.
- Epidemiology of Extra-Esophageal Reflux Disease, Millie Long and Nicholas Shaheen.
- Pathophysiology of Extraesophageal Reflux Disease, Amit Agrawal, N. Sharma, and Marcelo Vela.
- Laryngitis: From the Gastroenterologists Point of View, Michael Vaezi.
- Laryngitis: From the ENT Point of View, Gregory Postma.
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and Laryngeal Disorders: The Role of the Speech-Language
Thomas Murry, Sabrina Cukier-Blaj, Douglas Hicks.
- Globus, Ted Mau, Dale Ekbom, and Gaelyn Garrett.
- Asthma and GERD, Susan Harding.
- Cough and GERD: An Evidence-Based Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment, Matthew Bohning and Joel Richter.
- Dysphagia: Interactions with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, David Shapiro, Ikuo Hirano.
- Diagnostic Testing in Extraesophageal GERD, John Fang.
- Medical Therapy for Laryngopharyngeal Reflux, J. Schneider and Michael Vaezi.
- Surgical Treatment of Extraesophageal Reflux, Brandon Williams, W. Richards, and Michael Holzman.
About The Author
Michael Fredrick Vaezi, M.D., Ph.D., is currently a Professor of Medicine at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in the division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He is the Director of Clinical Affairs for the division and Director of Center for Swallowing and Esophageal Disorders and Director of Clinical Research.
Primary Subject: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery / General
Audience Level: Professional