This book is designed for healthcare professionals who desire to become critical and intelligent consumers of research literature in their chosen fields. It provides general guidelines, in highly specific terms, to students to critically evaluate whether particular research is valuable, based on the appropriateness of research design, methodology, and statistics. This book offers a clear road map for healthcare professionals to apply knowledge obtained from good research in appropriate publications and also to apply that knowledge in everyday practice. Plainly speaking, this book enables healthcare professionals to use this newly gained, critical acumen in their practice.
Table of contents
· What Is research? A Brief Overview
· Getting Started
· Developing a Plan of Action
· How to Survive the Tedious Data Collection Process
· Some Tips on How to Combine Research with a Busy Clinical Practice
· What Did I Find? Is It Real?
· Writing Up and Publishing the Findings
· Pitfalls to Avoid in Research in Humans
· Finding Monies to Help Pay the Bills
· References and Suggested Readings