- Written by one of the world's leading authorities, himself a student of the creator of the verbotonal approach
- An invaluable tool for speech pathologists, audiologists and special educationists with case examples and information on setting up programs within clinics and the school environment
Verbotonal Speech Treatment provides clinicians and teachers with an effective therapeutic strategy that is designed to improve the auditory and speech skills of children and adults with hearing loss through the development of good listening skills.
Using practical clinical examples, the book explains how the verbotonal approach can be used in conjunction with programs designed to improve vestibular, auditory, speech, and second-language problems and their corresponding treatment tools.
The book describes how public schools and clinics have developed effective programs for mainstreaming children with communicative disorders. A comprehensive glossary is a valuable resource for the reader.
Table of contents
· Introduction to the Verbotonal Approach.
· Vestibular Strategy: Vocalize While Moving.
· Auditory Strategy: Listening Skills for Self-Correction.
· Speech Strategy: Foundation with Rhythm and Intonation Patterns.
· Second Language Strategy: Auditory-Based.
· Treatment Tools and Programs.
· Glossary of Terms.