The Anesthesiology & Critical Care Drug Handbook presents information on over 2000 medications used in the care of surgical or critically ill patients. This is a must-have drug reference for anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, intensivists, and other critical care practitioners.
This handbook follows an easy-to-use, dictionary-like format, with medications organized alphabetically. Each monograph includes up to 30 fields of information, including anesthesia and critical care concerns, use, dosage, monitoring parameters, and special consideration to anesthetic drug interactions when applicable.
Supplemental information includes a Special Topics/Issues section addressing perianesthetic patient management issues and an Appendix covering abbreviations and measurements, comparative drug charts, commonly used herbal medicines, therapy recommendations, and more. A Pharmacologic Category Index is included.
Updates to this edition:
- 15 New Drug Monographs
- U.S. Black Box Warnings Highlighted in the Monographs
- Extensive Special Topics Updates, Including:
- Anesthesia Considerations for Neurosurgery
- Anesthesia for Geriatric Patients
- Anesthesia for Obstetric Patients in Nonobstetric Surgery
- Perioperative Management of the Diabetic Patient
- Perioperative Evaluation of the Cardiac Patient for Noncardiac Surgery
Category: Anesthesiologists, Nurse Anesthetists, Intensivists, Critical Care Practitioners
Andrew J. Donnelly, PharmD, MBA
Verna L. Baughman, MD
Jeffrey P. Gonzales, PharmD, BCPS
Julie Golembiewski, PharmD
Elizabeth A. Tomsik, PharmD, BCPS