An in-depth guide to all aspects of aseptic compounding work, including proper hand techniques and maintenance of sterile supplies and equipment, Aseptic Compounding Technique: Learning & Mastering the Ritual is designed to enhance the learning process for pharmacists and technicians at all levels of experience. Written by Zachary T. Jordan, CPhT, Chairperson, Pharmacy Technology, Asheville-Buncombe Tech Community College, this hands-on textbook draws on his 11 years of experience in the field and the classroom to teach critical aseptic compounding practices and procedures in the most easy-to-follow and memorable way.
A valuable teaching tool, designed to advance and reinforce the learning process:
- Step-by-step format clearly illustrated with drawings and photographs
- Progressively organized, starting with essential techniques, ending with the most complex
- Based on most current safety standards and procedures, in accordance with U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) Chapters <797> and <800>
- Chapter subsections on background information, supplies, calculations, and other essential considerations
- Mini-cases provide clinical scenarios and guidance for meeting unexpected situations
- Laboratory components in each chapter