Part I: The Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Calculations
1: Fundamentals of Measurement and Calculation.
2: Systems of Measurement and Conversions.
3: Principles of Weighing and Measuring Progress.
Assessment Test 1.
4: Prescriptions and Drug Orders.
5: Reducing and Enlarging Formulas.
6: Density, Specific Gravity, and Specific Volume.
7: Concentration Statements.
8: Concentrating and Diluting Solutions or Mixtures.
10: Concentration of Solutes and Osmolarity.
11: Specific Dosing Calculations, Thermometry, and Pharmacogenomics.
12: Reconstitution of Solutions and Suspensions and of Flow Rate Calculations.
Part II: Answers to Problems and Selected Problem Solutions.
A valuable supplement to any pharmacy maths course or textbook, Learning and Mastering Pharmaceutical Calculations makes the process of sharpening critical calculation skills more efficient and effective for students and technicians at all levels of experience, as well as practitioners looking to refresh their skills.
This unique new workbook enhances the learning experience in several ways:
- Learners can assess their skills and choose the progressive learning paths that fit their needs, starting with the chapters that match their abilities.
- Includes two pathways to learning: one covering basic concepts and skills for calculations and compounding, the other is advanced, with a progress test to measure aptitude.
- Focuses on how to go about solving mathematical problems.
- Presents problems in step-by-step phases, breaking complicated calculations into manageable stages for easier analysis.
- Presented in an easy-to-follow outline format, with statement of goals, key terms, worked problems, and solutions.
- Includes additional review problems and solutions in the appendix.
- Calculation problems are tied to all areas and aspects of pharmaceutical practice.