AM:STARs: Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews is the official publication of the AAP Section on Adolescent Health. Published 3 times per year, the journal offers adolescent medicine specialists and other primary care physicians who treat adolescent patients with state of the art information on all matters relating to adolescent health and wellness.
This issue—Adolescent Gynecology is a collaboration of experts from the AAP Section on Adolescent Health and the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and covers topics relevant to primary care providers of adolescents. Areas covered include HPV, breast disorders, pregnancy, contraception, teen sexuality and much more.
Topics in Adolescent Gynecology include:
· Adolescents, Sex, and the Media
· Breast Disorders in the Female Adolescent
· Excessive Uterine Bleeding
· Overview of Sexually Transmitted Infections in Adolescents
· Contraception for Primary Care Providers
· Fertility Preservation for Adolescent Women with Cancer
· Pregnancy in Adolescents
· Premenstrual Syndrome and Dysmenorrhea in Adolescents
· Adolescent Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
· Ovarian Cysts in Adolescents: Medical and Surgical Management
· Human Papillomavirus Disease in Adolescents: Management and Prevention
· A Comprehensive Approach to the Spectrum of Abnormal Pubertal Development