Surgical Atlas of Pediatric Otolaryngology is a unique and comprehensive reference for clinicians who care for infants and children with disorders of the ear nose throat, head, neck and related structures. This book builds upon a superb foundation established by Atlas of Pediatric Otolaryngology, published in 1995 as a companion to the two-volume classic text Pediatric Otolaryngology. Much more than a second edition, this book contains 14 new chapter including ossiculoplasty, sphenoid, sinus surgery, nasal and septal deformities, surgery for drooling, velopharyngeal insufficiency, and maxillofacial trauma.
Features· Includes over 200 procedures that are described in 650 figures in 860 parts, with step-by-step instructions for patient selection, postoperative care, and preventing complications.
· Balances technical descriptions and in-depth discussions of decision-making, patient selection, and clinical management.
· Appeals to a diverse audience which includes physicians, junior and senior clinicians, and patients
· Free dual platform CD-ROM with fully searchable PDF files that contains the book's text and illustrations.
I. Otologic Surgery
· Tympanostomy Tubes and Related Procedures- Charles D. Bluestone
· Approaches to the Middle Ear and Mastoid- Charles D. Bluestone
· Maringoplasty and Tympanoplasty- Charles D. Bluestone
· Ossiculoplatsy- Batti/ Bluestone
· Mastoidectomy and Cholesteatoma- Charles D. Bluestone
· Perilymphatic Fistula and Eustachian Tube Surgery- Charles D. Bluestone
· Facial Nerve Exploration and Repair- Raymond L. Hilsinger Jr.
· Ear Canal Stenosis and Artesia- Simon C. Parisier
· Cochlear Implants- Noel L. Cohen
II. Rhinologic Surgery
· Epistaxis- Scott C. Manning
· Nasal and Septal Deformities- Jon b. Turk/W. Crysdale
· Congenital Nasal Malformations- Margaret A. Kenna
· Endoscopic Ethmoidectomy and Antrostomy- Glenn Isaacson
· Inflammatory Sinonasal Disease- Anrew J. Hotaling
· Sphenosis Sinus Surgery- Gady Har-El
III. Oral and Pharyngeal Surgery
· Surgery of the Tongue- Carlos Gonzales
· Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, and UPPP- Ari. J. Goldsmith
· Velopharyngeal Insufficiency- J. Paul Wilging
· Surgery of Drooling- William S. Crysdale
IV. Head and Neck Surgery
· Cervical Adenopathy- Michael J. Cunningham
· Deep Neck Infections- Charles F. Koopman Jr.
· Congenital Malformations of the Neck- Mark A. Richardson
· Salivary Gland Surgery- Michael J. Cunningham
· Thyroidectomy- Michael J. Cunningham
V. Endoscopy and Airway Surgery
· Endoscopy of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract- Kenny H. Chan
· Tracheostomy- Casselbrant
· Surgery of the Larynx and Trachea- Gerald B. Healy, Greg Licamelli
· Laryngotracheal Laser Surgery- Jay A. Werkhaven
VI. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
· Soft Tissue Surgery- Charles W. Gross
· Articular Repair of Microtia- Roland D. Eavey
· Otoplasty for Lop Ear- Dennis Lee, Charles D. Bluestone
· Maxillofacial Trauma- TBD
· Cleft lip and Palate- Robin Dyleski, Robert W. Seibert
· Craniofacial Surgery- Lawrence J. Marentette
Information for Parents and Caregivers- Richard M. Rosenfeld