Psychiatry by Ten Teachers follows the highly-praised and successful ‘Ten Teachers’ tradition of providing the key information in a chosen specialty as required by the medical undergraduate, junior doctor and trainee GP, writtenby ten respected experts in the field. With medical students closely involved in the text’s development from the outset the text focuses on what the medical student and junior really need to know, with a clear rationale for theinclusion of every topic discussed at a level appropriate for the inexperienced, and will be of value to their future career whatever field they ultimately decide to specialize in.
Completely up to date, this revised second edition encourages students and recently qualified doctors to get the most out of their psychiatry and community attachments, without overwhelming them with unnecessary detail. In line with the core curriculum recommended by the Royal College of Psychiatry, useful tips and advice ensure this is much more than a standard introduction to the subject, encouraging additional reading, supporting critical thinking and bringing exam success.
- Reflectsuponthelatestlegislation and guidelineswhereappropriateforanundergraduatetext
- Includeshelpfultips and advicefromtheauthors, allexperiencededucators, thatencourageadditionalreading, supportcriticalthinking, and facilitateexamsuccess
- Supplementsthenarrativetextwithnumerousfeatures and providesusefulcuesforrevision
- Engagesthereaderwithrealisticscenarios and illustrative case histories thatbringpsychiatricpractice to life
- Providesaccess to aneBookversionfor use on a smartphone, tabletorcomputer, oraccessondemandanywherewithan internet browser, and personalizationwith notes and highlights
Defining Mental Health and Mental Illness. Personality, Predisposing, and Perpetuating Factors in Mental Illness. Assessment and Engagement With Patients. Making the Most of Your Placement. Mental Health Legislation. MoodDisorders. Anxiety Disorders. Phobias. Schizophrenia. Substance Misuse. Eating Disorders. Organic Disorders. Psychiatric Aspects of Intellectual Disability. Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence. Old-age Psychiatry. Disorders of Personality. Commonly Used Psychological Treatments. Psychopharmacology. Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry.