Concepts in Drug Development. Overview of Drug Development. Nonclinical Safety Evaluation of Drugs, Nonclinical Safety Evaluation of Biotechnology-Derived Pharmaceuticals. Nonclinical Safety Evaluation of Medical Devices and Biomaterials.Toxicokinetics and Drug Disposition. Introduction to Toxicological Pathology. Routine and Special Techniques in Toxicologic Pathology. Principles of Clinical Pathology. Toxicogenomics in Toxicologic Pathology . Spontaneous Lesions in Control Animals Used in Toxicity Studies. Organ Systems. Gastrointestinal Tract. Liver, Gallbladder, and Exocrine Pancreas. Respiratory System. Urinary System. Hematopoietic System .Lymphoid System .Bone, Muscle, and Tooth. Cardiovascular System .Endocrine Glands .Reproductive System and Mammary Gland. Skin. Nervous System . Special Senses: Eye and Ear
This book is designed to provide practical and timely information for toxicologic pathologists working in pharmaceutical drug discovery and development. The majority of the book (Organ Systems) will provide detailed descriptions of histopathological lesions observed in drug development. In addition, it will provide information to assist the pathologist in making determinations of the origin of lesions as well as its relevance to human risk. SEE REVISON PLAN.
- Provides practical and timely information for toxicologic pathologists working in pharmaceutical drug discovery and development
- Includes detailed descriptions of histopathlogic lesions observed in drug development
- New chapters on Biopharmaceuticals and Medical Devices
- Presents material on drug development, preclinical safety, drug metabolism, and toxicogenomics
- Organ based chapters will include an introduction, description of light microscopic and electron microscopic appearance of pathological lesions