Today’s health care is much more than Medicine. Health care professionals and administrators must be familiar with the non-medical aspects of health care if they are to be successful. From the basics of government and private insurance, to reimbursement methods, payment models, practice paradigms and new industry trends this indispensable guide provides much-needed information for medical students and residents, emerging health care professionals, and anyone who wants a clear perspective on the requisites, protocols, and regulations of today’s health care system.
- Delivers up-to-date, must-know information on today’s changing health care system, recent reforms, and the economics of practicing medicine – areas that are critical to career decision making and professional success.
- Uses an easy-to-read, quick-reference format that features numerous tables, diagrams, and links for efficient learning.
- Covers practical business and administrative challenges not often addressed in medical school and other formal health care training: credentialing, schedule planning, budgeting, benefits coverage, and much more.
- Includes practical coverage of insurance plans, physician reimbursement, documentation, billing and coding, medical malpractice and health law, social media, and more.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more