In today’s surgical environment, open operations have declined in frequency, but the need for a practical, superbly illustrated reference in this area is still great. Ideal for both trainee and experienced surgeons, Surgical Anatomy and Mastery of Open Operations: A Multimedia Curriculum for Training Residents achieves this goal with expert coverage of essential open procedures, both common and uncommon. In print and on video, this “go to” resource includes clinical highlights, practical tips, and detailed illustrations.
- Organizes dozens of procedures according to common anatomic categories, with step-by-step descriptions, high-quality illustrations, and accompanying videos.
- Provides details and nuances about proper exposure, as well as technical information essential to performing open operations safely and efficiently.
- Covers once-common operations that are still essential in the modern surgeon’s repertoire, such as common bile duct exploration, choledochoduodenostomy, splenectomy, and partial gastric resections.
- Includes operations which have been demonstrated to be associated with better patient outcomes, such as total mesorectal excision.
- Covers pulmonary resections; thyroidectomy, oophorectomy, and hysterectomy; and a wealth of vascular exposures which are necessary to treat vascular injury and disease.
- Compiles the expertise and knowledge of experienced contributing and reviewing surgeons, as well as an anatomist and medical illustrator, to highlight Dr. Jensen’s work with residents in the hands-on surgical anatomy lab at the University of North Dakota.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click