Prepare for your future career in exercise science with the updated 2nd Edition of Motor Behavior. This applied, highly visual text goes beyond providing the basics of motor control and motor learning to show you how these two distinct views interact and ultimately affect outcomes. Taking a functional approach, this edition brings topics to life with unique photos , illustrations, and laboratory activities show concepts in action. A final chapter offers insights on effective training and practice strategies that connect mind and body for optimal performance.
- eBOOK available: Faster, smarter, and more convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- NEW! Evidence-based Practice boxes in Units 1 and 2 extend the book’s applied focus
- MORE ACCESSIBLE: Key updates in Unit 3 that focus on how motor learning and motor control theories are applied in real-world contexts make the content easier to understand.
- CONCISE: The book focuses on the information you need to know for a successful career as a practicing clinician.
- APPLIED: Real-world applications throughout show how concepts play out in practice.
STUDENT-FRIENDLY: To help you master key concepts, each chapter includes Learning Objectives, Thinking It Through review questions, Concepts in Action, SideNotes, and chapter review questions.