Part of the popular Biopsy Interpretation Series, Biopsy Interpretation of the Central Nervous System, Second Edition, is a concise, practical resource with a strong focus on diagnosis. It begins coverage of each individual entity with the clinical context, setting the stage for discussion of histopathologic features, ancillary studies, and differential diagnosis, including anticipation of difficult diagnostic decisions. This second edition is an ideal reference and educational resource for general surgical pathologists, trainees in pathology and neuropathology, and clinicians who treat patients with neurological diseases that require surgical sampling.
- Places histopathology in the context of important clinical, neuroimaging, and genetic findings for a more focused relevance to diagnostic practice.
- Reflects recent shifts toward a multifaceted approach to tumor categorization, including the new World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System, in which genetic features are now defining elements for several major categories of CNS tumors.
- Anticipates changes in CNS tumor classification that are possible in the future.
- Contains a new chapter on intraoperative consultation as it pertains to CNS specimens, a key topic not usually covered in neuropathology texts.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click