For an image-rich guide to the clinical concepts and on-the-unit skills needed to treat the most common major diseases, look no further than the fully updated Lippincott’s Visual Nursing, 3rd Edition.
Using clear, concise definitions backed by abundant images, this vital text explains disease pathophysiology, with expert guidance on anatomy, symptoms, assessment skills, and hands-on patient care. Ideal for students, new nurses, and experienced nurses needing a review, this is a must-have guide to providing appropriate effective patient care.
Follow these real-world visuals and top-notch directions for treating common diseases...
- NEW flow charts showing clinical manifestations and leading to diagnosis, showing improvement or decline
- NEW format—tests, procedures, and treatments for each system now appearing before discussion of diseases
- NEW diagnoses added for diseases throughout the text
- Dozens of colorful illustrations, photos, waveforms, and diagrams that clearly demonstrate concepts and descriptions
- Step-by-step guidance on basic assessment skills, including: gathering subjective and objective data, questions to ask, documentation, and more
- Step-by-step assessment and treatment instructions that enhance your nursing skills and confidence
- Chapters addressing individual body systems: respiratory, cardiovascular, neurologic, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, renal and urologic, hematologic and immunologic, endocrine, integumentary, and male and female reproductive care
- Each body system chapter addresses:
- Major diseases affecting that system
- Normal anatomy—descriptions and images
- Pathophysiology of common health problems
- Lab tests and imaging studies
- Disease development
- Signs, symptoms, stages, and prevention
- Treatments—drug therapies, procedures, and surgery
- Nursing considerations—assessing patient decision-making ability, monitoring for complications, checking vital signs, post-operative care, and more
- Comparative charts that list diseases, their causes, persons at risk, symptoms, assessment findings, diagnoses, treatments, interventions
- Ideal study and review text for visual learners—colorful images that support other nursing texts, making it easy to learn and retain information
- Summarizes the major common diseases and nursing considerations and interventions clearly and concisely
- Chapter features that include:
- Picturing Patho—flowcharts that show the effects of complex diseases
- Hands On—photographs that illustrate nursing procedures and treatments
- Lesson Plans—summaries of vital information for patient and family education
About the Clinical Editor
Debra P. Kantor, PhD, RN, is an Associate Professor of Nursing at The Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing, Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York.