With an image-focused, non-traditional layout that differs from most medical textbooks, the fourth edition of Rang’s Children’s Fractures—a classic textbook on children’s fractures for over 40 years—expands to four editors, all faculty members of Rady Children’s Hospital at the University of California, San Diego. This edition maintains the book’s practical, playful style and emphasizes diagnosis, treatment, common pitfalls, and communication with parents and other healthcare professionals.
- Designed for medical students, physician’s assistants, residents, emergency room doctors, general orthopaedists, and children’s orthopaedists.
- Hundreds of photographs and illustrations, succinctly captioned for quick comprehension.
- Overviews of biomechanics, injury, and treatment of the shoulder, clavicle, wrist, and other bodily regions prone to injury.
- Comparisons of children and adult fractures and injuries, and discussions of accident prevention and risk.
- New information on orthopaedic sports medicine surgery to match the topic’s growing popularity across medical curricula.
- Chapter on casts in children expanded with more detail and illustrations.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time—providing a seamless reading experience online or offline.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks.
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design.
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click.