Put essential information at your fingertips – before you prescribe. The updated 11th edition of Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation: A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk lists more than 1,200 commonly prescribed drugs taken during pregnancy and lactation, with detailed monographs that provide the information you need on known or possible effects on the mother, embryo, fetus, and nursing infant. For the 11th edition, this bestselling reference has two new authors, both highly knowledgeable on theeffects of drugs on the embryo-fetus and nursing infant: Craig V. Towers, a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, and Alicia B. Forinash, a clinical pharmacologist specialist in obstetrics.
- More than 140 new drugs included in this edition.
- A-to-Z organization helps you find valuable information quickly.
- Each monograph covers: generic name (in US); risk factors; pharmacologic class; pregnancy and breastfeeding recommendations; pregnancy, fetal risk and breastfeeding summaries; as well as updated references.
- Quarterly updates , available online, keep you at the forefront of the field.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Instructions for Use of the Reference Guide
Gerald G. Briggs, BPharm, FCCP
Pharmacist Clinical Specialist (Obstetrics) (Retired)
MemorialCare Center for Women
Miller Children’s Hospital
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Long Beach, California
Clinical Professor of Pharmacy
University of California, San Francisco
Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy Practice
University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Adjunct Professor, Department of Pharmacotherapy
Washington State University, Spokane
Roger K Freeman MD
Associate Medical Director for Women's Services, Memorial Center for Women, Miller Children's Hospital, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, CA; Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, CA ; Clinical Professorof Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA
Craig V. Towers MD, FACOG
Professor & Vice Chair
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville
Alicia B. Forinash, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, BCACP
Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Saint Louis College of Pharmacy
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Obstetrics)
Maternal-Fetal Care Clinic, Saint Mary's Health Center
Saint Louis, Missouri