Sparks and Taylor’s Nursing Diagnosis Pocket Guide, third edition, by Dr. Linda Phelps, offers a quick guide to clearly written, authoritative care plans covering the entire life span and helping to meet patients’ health care needs. A consistent, easy to use, four color design makes accessing information and designing care plans quicker and simpler. With its easy-to carry size, this guide is the perfect addition to the classroom and the clinical setting.
Sparks and Taylors Nursing Diagnosis Pocket Guide thoroughly integrates the nursing process, 2015-2017 NANDA-I diagnoses and standards, the Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) labels. The guide is organized using a unique assessment framework based on the NNN Taxonomy of Nursing Practice: A Common Unifying Structure for Nursing Language (Dochterman & Jones, 2003) and the intervention terms from the International Classification for Nursing Practice (INCP Version 1; International Council of Nurses, 2005). This framework provides a comprehensive yet easy-to-use format for writing care plans for clients.
- Updated Diagnosis and Care Plans based on NANDA-I 2015-2017 diagnosis
- NIC and NOC Suggested Interventions & Outcomes
- Includes a generic care plan for each diagnosis ; designed for quick reference and portability
- Index Organized alphabetically for ease of navigation and effective use
- Full color design with consistent, easy to use care plan design that is easy to navigate and use
- 3 Appendices: Assessment Parameters, Taxonomy of Nursing Practice and Action Intervention Types.