With a focus on real-time clinical decision making, Dr. Waldman’s practical text helps you increase your diagnostic accuracy by performing dynamic scanning of the suspected pathology at the time the patient is being examined. Derived from Waldman’s Comprehensive Atlas of Diagnostic Ultrasound of Painful Conditions, this unique resource helps guide your targeted point-of-care ultrasound examination of foot and ankle disease. Classic ultrasound images and anatomic drawings depict commonly encountered conditions, and Dr. Waldman’s expert advice guides you clearly toward the correct clinical diagnosis.
- An ideal reference for clinicians who would like to use, or are already using, ultrasonography to evaluate and treat foot and ankle disorders in their practice.
- Full-color line drawings, high-quality clinical photographs, and clearly labelled ultrasound images depict both common and uncommon pathologic conditions encountered in clinical practice.
- Chapters highlight anatomic considerations, physical diagnostic tests, clinical correlates, ultrasound techniques, clinical pearls, and more.
- Written in the clear, concise, easy-to-read, “how to do it” style that is the hallmark of all of Dr. Waldman’s textbooks.
- A focus on the foot and ankle makes this a valuable resource podiatrists, orthopaedic surgeons specializing in foot and ankle, and other clinicians involved in the diagnosis and management of foot and ankle disorders.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Contents1. Arthritis and Other Abnormalities of the Ankle Joint
2. Arthritis and Other Abnormalities of the Subtalar Joint
3. Arthritis and Other Abnormalities of the Talonavicular Joint
4. Abnormalities of the Talofibular Ligament
5. Abnormalities of the Deltoid Ligament
6. Abnormalities of the Calcaneofibular Ligament
7. Posterior Tibialis Tendinitis and Other Abnormalities of the Posterior Tibialis Tendon
8. Peroneal Tendinitis and Other Abnormalities of the Peroneus Longus and Brevis Tendons
9. Anterior Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Abnormalities of the Deep Peroneal Nerve At the Ankle
10. Posterior Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Abnormalities of the Posterior Tibial Nerve At The Ankle
11. Abnormalities of the Saphenous Nerve at the Ankle
12. Abnormalities of the Superficial Peroneal Nerve at the Ankle
13. Abnormalities of the Sural Nerve at the Ankle
14. Achilles Tendinitis and Other Abnormalities of the Achilles Tendon
15. Retrocalcaneal and Achilles Bursitis
16. Plantar Fasciitis and Other Abnormalities of the Plantar Fascia
17. Calcaneal Spurs
18. Arthritis and Other Abnormalities of the Metatarsophalangeal and Interphalangeal Joints
19. Hallux Valgus Deformity
21. Hammer Toe, Claw Toe, and Mallet Toe Pain Syndrome
22. Morton’s Neuroma Syndrome
23. Intermetatarsal Bursitis