Compact and easy to use,�Kaplan & Sadock's Concise Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Fourth Edition�is an authoritative, affordable text that provides must-know information in clinical psychiatry. Containing the most relevant clinical material from the best-selling�Kaplan and Sadock�s Synopsis of Psychiatry, Eleventh Edition, it offers step-by-step guidance on the clinical examination, the psychiatric report, medical assessment of the psychiatric patient, laboratory tests, and signs and symptoms, as well as all psychiatric and substance-relateddisorders, with special chapters on children, adolescents, and the elderly. It also covers special topics such as emergency psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, ethics, and palliative and end-of-life care.
- Provides concise but thorough coverage of the entire field of clinical psychiatry, including biologic, psychologic, and sociologic factors in health and disease.
- Contains real-world case histories throughout.
- Includes thorough updates and revisions throughout, all consistent with the DSM-5.
- Features new and extensively revised coverage of childhood disorders, gender dysphoria, issues affecting LGBT persons, reproductive medicine, physician-assisted suicide, PTSD, the effects of terrorism and torture, and much more.
- Includes new chapters on public psychiatry and world aspects of psychiatry, as well as a new section on brain stimulation methods.
- Features a unique, comprehensive glossary of psychiatric signs and symptoms, new to this edition.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:�
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time � providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click�
Pedro Ruiz MD
Professor�and Executive Vice Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami FL
Virginia A Sadock MD
Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine; Attending Psychiatrist, Tisch Hospital; Attending Psychiatrist, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY