Where experts turn for definitive answers! Clinical Anesthesia covers the full spectrum of clinical issues and options in anesthesiology, providing insightful coverage of pharmacology, physiology, co-existing diseases, and surgical procedures.Unmatched in its clarity and depth of coverage as well as its robust multimedia features, this classic clinical reference brings you the very latest essential knowledge in the field, equipping you to effectively apply today’s standards of care and makeoptimal clinical decisions on behalf of your patients.
- Apply the latest know-how with a new chapter on cardiovascular pharmacology…new coverage of autonomic pharmacology…a greatly expanded Clinical Updates section…updated coverage of occupational hazards…and many otherimportant additions.
- Focus on the most essential information with Key Points in every chapter.
- Advance your skills with over 175 new Narrated Interactive Clinical Vignettes – which immerse you in a virtual classroom setting where a master teacher guides you through a focused discussion on common and uncommon clinical topics. A clinical question is posed, and you are given time to develop an appropriate answer. Then, in a stepwise fashion, you will see and hear the answer unfold.
- In addition to the Interactive vignettes, the ebook also comes with a collection of over 270 procedural videos to help hone your technique.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
About The Author(s)
Paul G. Barash
Michael K. Cahalan MD
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
Bruce F Cullen MD
Emeritus Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Christine Stock MD
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Robert K Stoelting MD
Emeritus Professor and Past Chair, Department of Anesthesia, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Rafael Ortega MD
Professor, Vice-Chairman for Academic Affairs, Department of Anesthesiology, Boston University, Boston, MA
Sam R Sharar MD
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA