Now in its 5th Edition, Conditions in Occupational Therapy: Effect on Occupational Performance is now fully aligned with the DSM-5 and Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, 3rd edition, reflects the most current research and brings in 5 new chapters covering conditions your students will see in practice. This with new features and tools further help enhance this essential book.
Each chapter of the 5th Edition follows a consistent format—an opening case, followed by definition and descriptions, incidence and prevalence, signs and symptoms, course and prognosis, medical/surgical management, impact on occupational performance, and finally, two case illustrations. This format helps students to prepare for what they will see in practice.
With new instructor resources and case studies that connect up-to-date content to practice, this is an essential resource for both occupational therapy and occupational therapy assistant students.
- New chapters cover sensory processing disorders, feeding and eating disorders, ADHD, obesity, , cancer., substance related and addictive disorders, obsessive compulsive and related disorders, and somatic symptoms and related disorders.
- A new intuitive organization groups disorders by pediatric, mental health, and physical conditions.
- Chapter-ending Case studies (many new to this edition) help students apply the content to real-life clinical situations including both pediatric and adult cases where relevant.
- Introductory Cases draw students into the subject matter.
- In-text learning aids, including key terms, chapter outlines, study questions, recommended learning resources, and special boxes, tables, and displays, help students master key concepts.
- Updatedcontentin every chapter aligns with the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)-5 and the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework ,3rd edition.
- New Instructor Resources, including PowerPoint presentations, and a test generator, save instructors time and facilitate teaching.