Apply cutting-edge expertise to manage your patients� scarring issues!
Scarring and fibrosis affect millions of people worldwide, and can be devastating both physically and psychologically, whether they result from major trauma such as burns or common conditions such as acne. Put today�s most advanced clinical approaches to work for yourpatients with�The Scar Book: Formation, Mitigation, Rehabilitation, and Prevention!�A multidisciplinary team of leading world experts presents the state of the art in scar pathophysiology and treatment, breaking down the barriers between medical disciplines to provideunprecedented holistic guidance.
- Grasp the full scope of the problem�with a section on �Perspectives,� which presents insights into the history and current state of trauma rehabilitation, reconstruction, and scar management, and examines some of the ethical principles that serve to guide decisionmaking.
- Understand scar pathophysiology�with a section on �Formation� that covers the development of normotrophic, hypertrophic, and atrophic scars after cutaneous injury.
- Apply interventions that expedite wound healing and minimize scarring after injury�with a section on �Mitigation.�
- Reduce the impact of existing scars,both large and small,�with a comprehensive section on �Rehabilitation� that encompasses a wide range of treatment options including medical management, surgical revision, lasers and light devices, fat grafting, multimodal scarmanagement, physical measures, scar camouflage, mental health support, and considerations in special populations such as children and patients with skin of color.
- Explore scar-related research and future advances�with a section on �Prevention.��
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:�
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time � providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click