Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® of Echocardiography, Second Edition focuses on the essential information you need to know to successfully perform and read echocardiograms, as well as to identify valvular heart disease, cardiac myopathies, and congenital anomalies. Supervised and edited by faculty from the Washington University School of Medicine, this highly regarded reference has been completely updated throughout, with a new, streamlined layout as well more echo clips, and an update on the current guidelines. You’ll find expert guidance, practical tips, and up-to-date information on all aspects of echocardiography – all in one convenient and easily accessible source.
- New chapters on hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and cardiac devices include the latest ACC/AHA and ASE guidelines.
- Extensively revised sections on LV systolic and diastolic function, valve assessment, and TEE.
- Hundreds of updated, high-quality images enhance visual learning and improve diagnostic accuracy.
- Reorganized content emphasizes clarity and consistency, so you can find what you need more quickly.
- Tips and pearls from cardiologists and sonographers offer guidance on proper set-up, correct transduction technique, and image optimization.
- A handy, portable resource for cardiology fellows, as well as anesthesia fellows, cardiac sonographers, residents, attendings, and intensive care and emergency department physicians who utilize handheld ultrasound.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-linksthat pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and morefor easy navigation
- Highlighting toolfor easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share noteswith friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbingto save your favorite content for future use
1. Introduction to Echocardiographic Principles
Jose A. Madrazo and Suzanne V. Arnold
2. The Comprehensive Transthoracic Echcardiographic Examination
3. The Role of Contrast in Echocardiography
4. Quantification of Left Ventricular Systolic and Diastolic Function
Praveen K. Rao and Christopher L. Holley
5. Right Ventricular Function and Pulmonary Hemodynamics
Deana Mikhalkova and Nishath Quader
6. Stress Testing for Ischemia and Viability
Pedro M. Calderón Artero and Daniel H. Cooper
7. Ischemic Heart Disease and Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Olusegun Olusesi and Michael Yeung
Mirnela Byku, Praveen K. Rao, and Christopher L. Holley
9. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
10. Aortic Valve Disease
Brian R. Lindman and Jacob S. Goldstein
11. Mitral Valve Disease
Brian R. Lindman and Nishath Quader
12. Pulmonic Valve
Tyson Turner, Kathryn Lindley, and Julio Perez
13. Tricuspid Valve Disorders
Nishtha Sodhi and Julio Perez
14. Evaluation of Prosthetic Valves
Jose A. Madrazo
15. Infective Endocarditis
Mirnela Byku and Daniel H. Cooper
16. Pericardial Effusion and Cardiac Tamponade
Marc A. Sintek and Michael Yeung
17. Diseases of the Great Vessels: Aorta and Pulmonary Artery
Praveen Rao and Nishath Quader
18. Congenital Heart Disease
Tyson E. Turner, Kathryn Lindley, and Majesh Makan
19. Cardiac Masses
Justin S. Sadhu
20. Cardiac Manifestations of Systemic Illness
Justin Hartupee and Justin M. Vader
21. Transesophageal Echocardiography
Rafael Garcia-Cortes, Praveen Rao, and Nishath Quader
22. Cardiac Devices in Heart Failure
Mike Nassif and Justin M. Vader