Improve your patients’ quality of life with evidence based, practical guidance on every aspect of today’s dialysis.
For more than 20 years, Heinrich’s Principles and Practice of Dialysis has been the go-to resource for comprehensive, accessible information on the challenges of managing thewide variety of patients who receive dialysis. This Fifth Edition brings you fully up to date with new chapters, a new eBook edition, videos and animations online, and two additionaleditors and new contributors who offer practical experience and a fresh perspective. Clearly written and unique in scope, it helps you meet the growing demand for this procedure byproviding a solid foundation in both basic science and clinical application.
- All chapters are fully updatedand offer unparalleled coverage of the changing nature of modern dialysis practice.
- A new chapter on pregnancy and dialysisaddresses the unique needs of this special patient population.
- A new chapter on cystic kidney disease and ESRDprovides the latest information on complications that can lead to kidney failure.
- Other new chaptersinclude home hemodialysis, the wearable artificial kidney, and respiratory disorders in dialysis patients.
- Videos and animations, available online, illustrate key concepts in a dynamic, easy-to-understand manner. Sections cover technical and procedural considerations inhemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, clinical consideration is in the evaluation of dialysis patients, drugs and intoxications, dialysis in the pediatric population, and the businessof dialysis.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-linksthat pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and morefor easy navigation
- Highlighting toolfor easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share noteswith friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbingto save your favorite content for future use