Step-Up to Geriatrics provides a high-yield review of geriatric medicine for students taking a geriatric clerkship. Clinical pearls, clinical vignettes, full-color illustrations, and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner. Step-Up to Geriatrics delivers exactly what you need to know for exam prep and for practical use in the evaluation and treatment of older patients.
- Comprehensive yet succinct coverage includes general topics related to care of the elderly; common syndromes, issues, and medical conditions; and end-of-life issues.
- “Quick Hits” in the margins highlight highly testable topics.
- Clinical pearls and vignettes help you “file away” clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time, and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- A 100-question, clinically-oriented practice exam at the end of the book is an ideal self-assessment tool to prepare you for the questions you’ll be faced with in clinical practice.
- More than 100 full-color photographs and line drawings illustrate key concepts throughout.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning.
- Numerous charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate easy retention of essential material.
- Bold terms point out key terminology for added emphasis.
Written for medical students, Step-Up to Geriatrics is also an ideal resource for residents on a geriatric rotation, geriatric fellows, or physicians seeking board certification or recertification, as well as PA and nurse practitioner students and professionals.