Practical, portable, and accessible, this new addition to the LWW Handbook Series covers all facets of care given to patients postoperatively, both early on in the PACU and later on the floor. A multidisciplinary team of residents, fellows, and faculty at the highly esteemed Massachusetts General Hospital employ an easy-to-use outline format to cover topics such as patient care, postoperative complications, special considerations, CPR in the PACU, ethico-legal issues, and PACU administration.
- Covers the wide variety of patients encountered in the PACU (such as patients just out of thoracic surgery vs. those coming from genitourinary surgery).
- Presents the combined experience and knowledge of anesthesiologists, surgeons, and perianesthesia nurses, mirroring the team structure of care given postoperatively.
- Discusses the considerations necessary for special patient populations such as obese patients or substance abuse patients.
- Addresses PACU organization and management, quality assurance, infection control, legal and ethical issues, and more.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click