Revised, updated, and enhanced from cover to cover, the Sixth Edition of Greenfield’s Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice remains the gold standard text in the field of surgery. It reflectssurgery’s rapid changes, new technologies, and innovative techniques, integrating new scientific knowledge with evolving changes in surgical care. Updates to this edition include new editors andcontributors, and a greatly enhanced visual presentation. Balancing scientific advances with clinical practice, Greenfield’s Surgery is an invaluable resource for today’s residents and practicingsurgeons.
- Featuresenhanced, full-color illustrations, clinicalphotographs, keyteachingpoints, and decision-makingalgorithmsforquickreference to keyinformation.
- Covers general scientificprinciplessuch as inflammation, shock, nutrition, painmanagement, and much more, followedbysurgicalpracticechaptersarrangedbyorgansystem.
- Introduces two new editors, Hasan Alam, MD and Timothy Pawlik, MD, whobring a freshperspective and vision to thisclassicreference.
- Showcasesthescientific and clinicalexpertise of more than 200 contributingauthors, eachan active practitioner in thefield of surgery.
- Containsmanyunique and practicalchapters, includingrecentadvances in patient safety and fetal surgery.
- Includestwo new chaptersonObesity and PreoperativeRiskAssessment.
- Presents Trauma and Transplantationinformation in separatesections, withfocusedchaptersdevoted to each.
- eBookversionfeaturesover 40 "Morbidity and Mortality" case discussions.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-linksthat pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and morefor easy navigation
- Highlighting toolfor easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share noteswith friends and colleagues
About the Author(s)
Michael W Mulholland MD, PhD
Frederick A. Coller Distinguished Professor of Surgery, Chair, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI