2. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Candice M. Monson, Patricia A. Resick, and Shireen L. Rizvi
3. Social Anxiety Disorder, Richard G. Heimberg and Leanne Magee
4. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Martin E. Franklin and Edna B. Foa
5. An Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Lizabeth Roemer and Susan M. Orsillo
6. Emotional Disorders: A Unified Transdiagnostic Protocol, Laura A. Payne, Kristen K. Ellard, Todd J. Farchione, Christopher P. Fairholme, and David H. Barlow
7. Cognitive Therapy for Depression, Jeffrey E. Young, Jayne L. Rygh, Arthur D. Weinberger, and Aaron T. Beck
8. Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depression, Kathryn L. Bleiberg and John C. Markowitz
9. Behavioral Activation for Depression, Sona Dimidjian, Christopher R. Martell, Ruth Herman-Dunn, and Samuel Hubley
10. Borderline Personality Disorder, Andrada D. Neacsiu and Marsha M. Linehan
11. Bipolar Disorder, David J. Miklowitz
12. Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders, Nicholas Tarrier and Rumina Taylor
13. Alcohol Use Disorders, Barbara S. McCrady
14. Drug Use Disorders, Stephen T. Higgins, Stacey C. Sigmon, and Sarah H. Heil
15. Evidence-Based Relationships and Responsiveness for Depression and Substance Abuse, John C. Norcross and Larry E. Beutler
16. Treatment of Sleep Disturbance, Katherine A. Kaplan and Allison G. Harvey
17. Eating Disorders: A Transdiagnostic Protocol, Christopher G. Fairburn and Zafra Cooper
18. Couple Distress, Andrew Christensen, Jennifer G. Wheeler, Brian D. Doss, and Neil S. Jacobson
This clinical reference and widely adopted text is recognized as the premier guide to understanding and treating frequently encountered psychological disorders in adults. Showcasing evidence-based psychotherapy models, the volume addresses the most pressing question asked by students and practitioners—"How do I do it?" Leading authorities present state-of-the-art information on each clinical problem and explain the conceptual and empirical bases of their respective therapeutic approaches. Procedures for assessment, case formulation, treatment planning, and intervention are described in detail. Extended case examples with session transcripts illustrate each component of treatment. New to This Edition:
- Incorporates treatment innovations, the latest empirical findings, and changes to diagnostic criteria in DSM-5.
- Chapter on acceptance-based treatment of generalized anxiety disorder.
- Chapter on comorbid depression and substance abuse, demonstrating a transdiagnostic approach.
- Chapter on sleep disorders.