ABOUT THIS BOOK
- This state-of-the-art book presents key insights and highlights of the 13th Congress on Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Provides comprehensive information on pathophysiology, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics
- Contains illuminating visual material, including 60 illustrations and 50 tables
The International Congress on Antiphospholipid Antibodies is held every three years to discuss the recent advances and future directions in Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS). This volume collects the scientific highlights and new findings about APS that were generated from the most recent 13th Congress, held in Galveston, Texas in 2010. Chapters were written by an internationally-distinguished group of scientists from the point-of-view of multiple specialty areas. Each chapter was written in a uniform and systematic basis to present the latest evidence-based research, including the basic science of APS, task force reports from the Congress on controversial aspects of APS, and future directions of APS research. This book will appeal to all clinicians involved in the treatment and management of APS patients, to residents in a variety of medical subspecialties, and to research scientists interested in a better understanding of this complex and evolving disease.
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » Antiphospholipid - Immune - Obstretrics - Rheumatology - Thrombosis
Related subjects » Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Overview of the Last 25 years and 13 International Congresses on Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
- What is the Origin of Antiphospholipid Antibodies?.
- What is the Genetics of Antiphospholipid Antibodies/Syndrome?.
- What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-mediated Thrombosis?.
- What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-mediated Pregnancy Morbidity?.
- What are the Target Cells and Receptors Recognized by Antiphospholipid Antibodies?.
- Task Force Report on “Criteria” Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests.
- Task Force Report on “Non-Criteria” Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests.
- Task Force Report on Obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome.
- Task Force Report on Brain Involvement in Antiphospholipid Syndrome.
- Task Force Report on the Management of Thrombosis in Antiphospholipid Syndrome.
- Task Force Report on Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome.
- Task Force Report on Non-criteria aPL Manifestations: Thrombocytopenia.
- Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Nephropathy.
- Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Cardiac Valve Disease.
- Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Skin.
- Task Force Report on Antiphospholipid Syndrome Clinical Research.
- What are the Potential Future Treatments in Antiphospholipid Syndrome?.
- Remembrance of Predictions of Past.
- What Should Patients Know about Antiphospholipid Antibodies and Antiphospholipid Syndrome?.