ABOUT THIS BOOK
- Comprehensive volume on ischemic heart disease
- Includes cardiovascular imaging, research, pathology and clinical cardiology
- Correlations of information from cases including clinical, pathological and imaging studies
Coronary Heart Disease: Clinical, Pathological, Imaging, and Molecular Profiles presents a comprehensive picture of ischemic heart disease for practitioners, students, and investigators dealing with the varied facets of this complex subject. Individual chapters introduce the anatomy of the coronary blood vessels and cardiac development, while others consider current imaging modalities utilized for ischemic heart disease, including stress echo, nuclear diagnostic tests, non-invasive coronary artery imaging, and coronary angiography. Imaging chapters provide key clinical information on techniques and indications, and include examples of both normal and abnormal patterns.
The principle thrust of the book concerns coronary atherosclerosis, the pathology of which is presented in conjunction with the results of anatomic, non-invasive imaging and angiographic studies. Related chapters cover atherogenesis, presenting new insights into the pathophysiology of the vulnerable plaque, the role of progenitor cells in vascular injury, inflammation and atherogenesis, and the genomics of vascular remodeling. Additional topics covered include angina pectoris, acute coronary syndromes, healed myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure, catheter-based and surgical revascularization, and surgical treatment of myocardial infarction and its sequelae.
With contributions from a diverse group of internationally-known physicians with broad experience in the diagnosis and treatment of coronary heart disease, this book will be a valuable resource for practitioners in clinical cardiology, thoracic surgery, pathology, and cardiovascular molecular research, as well as for students in training.
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » coronary imaging - heart disease - molecular profiles - pathology
Related subjects » Cardiology & Angiology
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Anatomy of Coronary Vessels.
- Cardiac Development.
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Nuclear Imaging in Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Non-Invasive Coronary Artery Imaging.
- Invasive Coronary Angiography.
- Coronary Artery Anomalies.
- Pathology of Chronic Obstructive Coronary Disease.
- Vulnerable Plaque.
- Genetics of Coronary Heart Disease.
- Endothelium Biology in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Stem Cells and Atherosclerosis.
- Induced Pluripotential Stem Cells and the Prospects for Cardiac Cell Therapy.
- Regulation of Vasculogenesis and Angionesis.
- Chronic Stable Angina.
- Pathology of Sudden Death in Coronary Arterial Diseases.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome.
- Complications of Acute Myocardial Infarction.
- Healed Myocardial Infarction.
- Non-Atherosclerotic Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Catheter Based Revascularization.
- Surgical Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease.
- Non-Coronary Surgical Therapy for Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Refractory Angina.
- Mechanical Circulatory Support and Vascular Remodeling: Acute Catheter Based Support.
- Mechanical Circulatory Support and Vascular Remodeling: Surgical VAD.
- Diabetes and Coronary Heart Disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Prevention of Atherosclerosis
- Emerging Technologies