Hybrid PET/CT and SPECT/CT Imaging: A Teaching File presents a complete book on state-of-the-art integrated PET/CT and SPECT/CT imaging systems. Edited by Drs. Dominique Delbeke and Ora Israel, this practical guide includes in-depth cases that will advance the skills of nuclear physicians and radiologists while also preparing residents for the field of nuclear medicine and radiology. Internationally-recognized contributors provide the reader with chapters covering the technical and clinical aspects of hybrid imaging, including basic principles, physics and instrumentation, the normal distribution of radiopharmaceuticals, and protocols critical to the field. A comprehensive review of nuclear oncology cases found in everyday practice are addressed, including among other clinical applications head and neck tumors, breast cancer, lung neoplasms, colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, and genitourinary tumors. Additional chapters examine the use of these modalities in pediatric patients, benign bone diseases and infection, and cardiac hybrid imaging. A wealth of illustrations reinforces the key teaching points discussed throughout the book.
A beneficial feature is the accompanying CD-ROM containing DICOM images from selected cases showing views in all planes, including the fusion images, which simulates an actual workstation used in a clinical scenario. The CD-ROM has been provided by Hermes Medical Solutions, Inc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- History and Principles of Hybrid Imaging.-
- Normal and Abnormal Distribution Patterns, Pitfalls & Artifacts.-
- Clinical Applications in Oncology.-
- Tumor of the CNS.-
- Head and Neck Tumors.-
- Lung Tumors.-
- Breast Cancer.-
- Colorectal Cancer.-
- Esophageal, Gastric Cancer, & GIST.-
- Pancreatic Cancer.-
- Hepatobiliary Malignancies & Liver Metastases.-
- Gynecologic Tumors.-
- Genitourinary Tumors.-
- Thyroid Cancer.-
- Other Endocrine & Neuroendocrine Tumors.-
- Musculoskeletal Tumors (Primary & Skeletal Metastases).-
- Pediatric Tumors.-
- Other Clinical Applications.-
- Cardiac Hybrid Imaging (PET/CT and SPECT/CT): Assessment of CAD.-
- Benign Bone Diseases.-
- Infection & Inflammation.