Effectively master the most important principles and facts in pathology with this easy-to-use new edition of Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology. More than 1,100 questions-reviewed and updated to reflect the new content in the parent text-reinforce the fundamentals of gross and microscopic pathology as well as the latest findings in molecular biology and genetics. This review book of multiple choice questions and answers, companion to Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease 9th Edition and Robbins Basic Pathology, 9th Edition, is the ideal study tool for coursework, self-assessment, and examinations, including the USMLE Step 1 examination in pathology.
New to this edition
- Features new questions that reflect today’s hot topics in pathology, keeping you up to date.
- Includes many new illustrations to enhance visual guidance.
- Uses a new chapter arrangement to conform to the new Table of Contents in Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition, for easier cross referencing.
- Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of pathology through clinical vignette-style questions emphasizing problem solving over rote memorization. Single-best-answer and extended-matching formats reflect levels of difficulty that prepare you for examinations.
- Efficiently review a wide spectrum of topics with page references and a parallel organization to both Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease and Robbins Basic Pathology, making additional information easy to locate.
- Reinforce your understanding of key content with answers and detailed explanations for every question at the end of each chapter.
- Enhance your understanding of pathophysiology and integrate pathology with other medical disciplines by examining correlative laboratory, radiologic, and physical diagnostic data.
- Visualize key pathologic concepts and conditions and test your diagnostic skills with over 1,100 full-color images.
- Challenge your knowledge with a final comprehensive exam of 50 USMLE-style questions covering random topics.
U N I T I
1 The Cell as a Unit of Health and Disease 3
2 Cellular Pathology 7
3 Inflammation and Repair 18
4 Hemodynamic Disorders 31
5 Genetic Disorders 44
6 Immune System Diseases 57
7 Neoplastic Disorders 76
8 Infectious Diseases 94
9 Environmental and Nutritional Diseases 114
10 Diseases of Infancy and Childhood 130
U N I T I I
Diseases of Organ Systems
11 Blood Vessels 147
12 The Heart 163
13 Hematopathology of White Blood Cells 183
14 Hematopathology of Red Blood Cells and Bleeding Disorders 206
15 The Lung 227
16 Head and Neck 255
17 Gastrointestinal Tract 265
18 Liver and Biliary Tract 289
19 Pancreas 309
20 Kidney 316
21 The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System 336
22 Female Genital Tract 349
23 The Breast 366
24 The Endocrine System 376
25 The Skin 397
26 Bones, Joints, and Soft-Tissue Tumors 410
27 Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle 429
28 Central Nervous System 437
29 The Eye 462
30 Final Review and Assessment 470
By Edward C. Klatt, MD, Professor and Academic Administrator, Department of Pathology, Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL and Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL