By Deborah E. Holmes, RN, BSN, RMA, CMA(AAMA), Medical Assistant Program Director, Vatterott College - Sunset Hills, St. Louis, MO
Completely updated to meet the current standards of the AAMA and the AMT, this streamlined review tool provides at-a-glance access to the concepts and competencies covered in the CMA and RMA examinations. It features comprehensive pre- and post-tests — available as pencil-and-paper tests or electronically on the companion CD-ROM — that mirror the content and format options of the certification exams. Practice tests include clear rationales that help identify areas where more study is needed. Test-taking tips and study techniques offer helpful suggestions on improving retention and recall.
- Comprehensive content includes increased coverage of study skills and test-taking, EHR, ICD-10, and diseases and disorders.
- Convenient outline format provides at-a-glance review and streamlines the subject areas typically found on the certification exams.
- An Evolve companion website provides practice taking exams electronically, chapter review questions, crossword puzzles, and flashcards.
- A Professionalism and Career Development chapter emphasizes the importance of presenting yourself in a professional manner.
- UPDATED content covers the top 50 drugs most commonly encountered in practice, the latest standards from CAAHEP, ABHES and the NHA, and topics such as emergency preparedness and the electronic medical record.
- PDATED laboratory tests and normal values reflect current practice.
New To This Edition:
- NEW! 3 more certifications are covered in this edition and include practice examinations on the Evolve companion website - CMAS (AMT), CCMA (NHA), and CMAA (NHA).
- NEW! Correlation grids to certification test outlines and competencies align with current test outlines from certifying organizations.
- NEW! 10 review questions per chapter are available on Evolve for additional practice.
- NEW! Rationales are included on all practice exams to reinforce understanding.
- NEW! Additional illustrations reinforce concepts and show equipment and supplies.
Table Of Contents:
Pre-Test 1 (General)
Pre-Test 2 (Administrative)
Pre-Test 3 (Clinical)
1. Medical Terminology
2. Anatomy and Physiology
3. Diseases and Disorders
4. Growth and Development
6. Law, Ethics, and HIPAA
7. Professionalism and Career Development
8. Computer Concepts, Written Communications, and Mail Processing
9. Records Management (Paper Medical Records)
10. Electronic Medical Records
11. Patient Reception
12. Office Management
15. Health Insurance
16. Infection Control and Asepsis
17. Vital Signs and Anthropometric Measurement
18. Assisting with the Physical Examination
19. Assisting with Medical Specialties
21. Therapeutic Modalities and Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
22. Radiography and Diagnostic Imaging
23. Pharmacology, Medication Administration, and Intravenous Therapy
24. Minor Surgery
25. Clinical Laboratory
26. First Aid and Office Emergencies
Pre-Test 1: Answer Key
Pre-Test 2: Answer Key
Pre-Test 3: Answer Key
Post-Test Answer Key