By William D. Larsen, MBA, CMA, Medical Assistant Program Coordinator, National American University
Make a quick transition from classroom practice to real-world employment with a complete understanding of Medisoft Version 16 Practice Management Software. This easy-to-use worktext explains common medical office tasks in a clear, step-by-step format and provides realistic exercises to help you confidently prepare to use computers in the medical office.
- Hands-on practice using Medisoft® Version 18 familiarizes you with the professional practice management software you'll use on the job. Medisoft sold separately.
- An engaging, conversational writing style makes difficult concepts easier to understand, with information presented in small, easy-to-digest segments.
- Step-by-step procedures include screenshots to guide you through each administrative task.
- Day-by-Day Simulations provide you with two weeks of hands-on experience similar to working in a real-world medical office.
- Reminders at the end of each chapter ask you to back up your data, for good data management practice.
- Checking Your Understanding reviews and hands-on Putting It into Practiceactivities are provided at the end of each chapter to ensure that you meet learning objectives.
- Information on backing up and restoring data prepares you for any power outages or electronic malfunctions.
New To This Edition:
- UPDATED content on the Electronic Health Record in the physician’s office relates computerized practice management systems to the use of EHRs
- New case studies on the Evolve companion website offer additional practice using Medisoft® v18.
- New Elsevier Clinic provides samples to follow as you create new patient data and perform Medisoft tasks - the data file may also be downloaded from the Evolve website.
- New chapter summaries are included at the end of each chapter.
Table Of Contents:
1. Introduction to Computerized Medical Office Procedures
2. The Electronic Health Record and its relationship to Practice Management
3. Basic Concepts of Coding and Insurance
4. Appointment Scheduling
5. Medical Office Accounting Procedures
6. Collections in the Medical Office
7. The Electronic Medical Office
Appendix A: Day-by-Day Simulations (Two weeks)
Appendix B: CMS-1500 Step-by-Step Instructions
Appendix C: Patient Data
Appendix D: Medisoft Shortcut Keys