Larsen's Human Embryology works as a well-organized, straightforward guide to this highly complex subject, placing an emphasis on the clinical application of embryology and presenting it in an easily digestible manner. Ideal for visual students, this updated medical textbook includes a superior art program, brand-new online animations, and high-quality images throughout; clear descriptions and explanations of human embryonic development, based on all of the most up-to-date scientific discoveries and understanding, keep you abreast of the latest knowledge in the field.
- Take advantage of the most current advances in molecular biology and genetics.
- Review the material in a flexible manner that meets your specific needs thanks to a user-friendly design.
- Access high-yield content and quickly locate key information with help from newly condensed text and additional summary tables.
- Take advantage of key pedagogical featuressuch as opening "Summary" boxes.
- Visualize complex concepts more clearly than before through a superior art program and outstanding clinical content and images throughout.
- Reinforce your understanding of the material and how it will relate to real-life scenarios with "Embryology in Practice" clinical closers added to each chapter.
- Access the complete contents online at Student Consult! View animations on Eye and Ear Development, test yourself with multiple self-assessment questions, and more!
Table of Contents
1 Gametogenesis, Fertilization and First Week
2 Second Week: Becoming Bilaminar and Fully Implanting
3 Third Week: Becoming Trilaminar and Establishing Body Axes
4 Fourth Week: Forming the Embryo
5 Principles and Mechanisms of Morphogenesis and Dysmorphogenesis
6 Fetal Development and the Fetus as a Patient
7 Development of the Skin and Its Derivatives
8 Development of the Musculoskeletal System
9 Development of the Central Nervous System
10 Development of the Peripheral Nervous System
11 Development of the Respiratory System and Body Cavities
12 Development of the Heart
13 Development of the Vasculature
14 Development of the Gastrointestinal Tract
15 Development of the Urinary System
16 Development of the Reproductive System
17 Development of the Pharyngeal Apparatus and Face
18 Development of the Ears
19 Development of the Eyes
20 Development of the Limbs