Systematically solve tough diagnostic challenges in pulmonary pathology with this new title in the Differential Diagnoses in Surgical Pathology series. This practical reference uses select images ofclinical and pathological findings, together with succinct, expert instructions, to guide you through the decision-making process by distinguishing between commonly confused pulmonary lesions. Bypresenting material according to the way pathologists actually work, this user-friendly volume helps you quickly differentiate entities that have overlapping morphologic features in both neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung pathology.
- Presentsmore than 90 differential diagnoses in pulmonary pathology side by side for easy comparison, including the most common entities as well as selected rarer diseases.
- Providesconcise, bulleted summaries of clinical and pathological findings and relevant pictorial examples on the corresponding pages.
- Featureshigh-quality images of similar-looking lesions side by side for easy comparison.
- Helpsyouaccurately and efficiently answer many everyday questions such as, “Is this UIP or NSIP?” and “Is this malignant mesothelioma or reactive mesothelial hyperplasia?”
- Ideal forpracticingpathologists, pathologists in training, residents, and medical students.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-linksthat pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and morefor easy navigation
- Highlighting toolfor easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share noteswith friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbingto save your favorite content for future use
About the Author(s)
Rosane Duarte Achcar MD, FCAP, FASCP
Assistant Professor, Pathology Division, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado
Steve D. Groshong MD, PhD
Chief of Pathology Division, Department of Medicine at National Jewish Health; Associate Professor of Medicine, National Jewish Health and the University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Carlyne D. Cool MD
Clinical Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine; National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado