Designed with today’s students in mind,The Complete Medical Assistantoffers a practical focus on preparing students to make the transition from classroom to clinic. Aligned with the latest CAHEEP and ABHES competencies, this exciting first edition focuses on core content and skills with features that highlight application. Case studies frame each chapter and reinforce soft skills, while integrated Harris CareTracker® activities build EHR proficiency throughout the program. With A&P coverage included, The Complete Medical Assistant is an ideal way to transform engaged students into successful medical assistants.
- Complimentary two-year access to EHR/PM CareTracker, included with textbook purchase, helps students become proficient in using one of today’s leading electronic health record software solutions.
- Up-to-date content is mapped to required CAAHEP and ABHES standards and aligns with the most recent AAMA curriculum standards.
- A complete Anatomy and Physiology section provides an easy-to-understand introduction to the anatomy of the human body and the functions of the major body systems.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- Built-in learning aids including chapter objectives, chapter terms, medical abbreviations, case scenarios, and cultural connections, reinforce soft skills and help students master key concepts.
- A rich suite of online student resources includes videos, animations, games, review activities, and sample certification questions.
Table of Contents
Section I General Skills for the Medical Assistant
Chapter 1 Communication Skills for Medical Assistants
Chapter 2 Law and Ethics
Chapter 3 Medical Office Procedures
Section II Anatomy and Physiology
Chapter 4 Organization of the Body and Integumentary System
Chapter 5 Skeletal and Muscular Systems
Chapter 6 Nervous System, Special Senses, and Endocrine System
Chapter 7 Digestive System and Nutrition
Chapter 8 Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
Chapter 9 Urinary and Reproductive Systems
Section III Clinical Medical Assistant Skills
Chapter 10 Appointments and Schedules
Chapter 11 Medical Documentation
Chapter 12 Medical Insurance Coding
Chapter 13 Managing Medical Office Finances
Chapter 14 Health Insurance and Processing Claims
Section IV Clinical Medical Assistant Skills
Chapter 15 Medical Asepsis and Infection Control
Chapter 16 Medical History and Patient Assessment
Chapter 17 Assisting with the Physical Examination
Chapter 18 Assisting with Minor Office Surgery
Chapter 19 Pharmacology and Drug Administration
Chapter 20 Diagnostic Testing
Chapter 21 Patient Education
Chapter 22 Medical Office Emergencies and Emergency Preparedness
Section V Clinical Laboratory
Chapter 23 Medical Assistant Role in the Clinical Laboratory
Chapter 24 Hematology
Chapter 25 Phlebotomy
Chapter 26 Immunology and Immunohematology
Chapter 27 Urinalysis
Chapter 28 Clinical Chemistry
Chapter 29 Microbiology