Uniquely organized by symptom rather than organ or pathology, Roger Sanders’s
Clinical Sonography, 5e, not only ensures mastery of the content and competencies
required for diagnostic sonography, it teaches students to think critically
and “sonographically” as they prepare for certification exams and
clinical practice. In every chapter, students first encounter a diagnostic problem
to be solved and then follow pathways of exploration that help them identify
the cause of the original presenting symptom.
Retaining its trademark concise, easy-to-understand writing style, consistent format, and clinical approach, the Fifth Edition is enhanced by a revised organization, new images and in-book learning tools, new content that reflects today’s practice environment, and a revised art and design program designed to meet the needs of today’s highly visual students.
- The text is organized by the types of diagnostic problems sonographers encounter in everyday practice, rather than by organ or pathology.
- Initial chapters that discuss physics, instrumentation, and basic principles of sonography and subsequent sections that focus on specific problem areas such as "right upper quadrant pain" prepare students for safe, effective sonography practice.
- A consistent format leads students from a specific diagnostic problem to coverage of anatomy and techniques to discussions of pathological appearances and potential pitfalls.
- Hundreds of new images (including new full-color illustrations of key topics) clarify sonographic techniques and results.
- Updates throughout—including two new chapters and expanded coverage of musculoskeletal, skin, and the role of sonography in an emergency situations-- bring the text thoroughly up-to-date.
- Expanded technical chapters on 3D imaging, elastography, and sonography in the ER prepare students for safe and successful practice.
- New Review Questions help students assess their understanding.
- New critical thinking and case study questions encourage students to think sonographically.
- A revised organization helps students focus on the clinical applications of the content.