Ideal for orthopaedic, pathology, and radiology residents and practitioners, the updated third edition of Orthopaedic Pathology is a comprehensive, practical guide to diagnosing musculoskeletal disorders, offering details on the pathologic and radiologic characteristics of all bone and joint diseases. Highlighted by more than 1,700 high-quality illustrations, it focuses on helping you reach an accurate diagnosis for virtually any orthopaedic disorder you’re likely to encounter, including cysts, arthritis, synovial lesions, fibrous lesions, metastatic cancer, metabolic bone disease such as osteoporosis and Paget’s disease, fractures, osteomyelitis, tumors and tumor-like lesions and developmental bone disorders. A separate section on soft-tissue pathology discusses meniscal injuries, bursa, ligaments, and tendons.
- New sections include a review of common orthopaedic procedures
- Expanded sections on joint replacement surgery, prosthetic joint infections, osteosarcoma and its variants, cartilage tumors and the pathologies associated with bisphosphonate therapy to keep you up to date with timely topics.
- More than 1,700 illustrations – including full-color photomicrographs, drawings, and radiographs – provide superb depictions of bone and joint disease.
- Useful appendices discuss tissue banking in the use of bone grafts and cover special techniques such as immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology. A glossary defines specific orthopaedic disorders and to addresses the often unique terms, eponyms, and names of orthopaedic diseases.
- Relevant laboratory and clinical findings as well as therapeutic suggestions are included throughout.
Now included with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet, or accessible online and includes features like:
· Complete content with enhanced navigation
· A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
· Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
· Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
· Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
· Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Vincent J. Vigorita MD
Professor of Pathology and Orthopaedic Surgery, State University of New York, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY; Director of Orthopaedic Research, Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center/Saint Vincent's Catholic Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY; Core Faculty, Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Traumatology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY; Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY