This concise clinical companion to the Thirteenth Edition of Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing presents nearly 200 diseases and disorders in alphabetical format, allowing rapid access to need-to-know information on the most common clinical problems nurses are likely to encounter. The content is completely cross-referenced to the main text. Pages are tabbed alphabetically for speedy reference.
- Quality and Safety Nursing Alerts focus on priority care issues and hazardous or potentially life-threatening situations.
- Gerontologic Considerations provide thumbnail descriptions and interventions related to the care of the rapidly growing older adult population.
- Selected tables and boxes provide at-a-glance presentations of diseases, disorders, and measurements.
- Appendices for use in clinical settings, on units, and at home or in the community include acronyms and abbreviations, important laboratory and diagnostic values, and current nursing diagnoses.
- Nursing Process and Management information is incorporated throughout!