For nearly 70 years, health care professionals have turned to Te Linde’s Operative Gynecology for authoritative, dependable guidance on everything from general topics of surgical ethics to details of surgical procedures. As surgical techniques continue to evolve and new procedures are introduced, Te Linde’s remains your text of choice for up-to-date information and advice from today’s best surgeons and teachers. Updated diagnostic and management approaches are provided throughout, practical “pearls” that will improve your skills no matter what your level of experience, as well as, all surgical chapters contain new sections call outs to “New Steps in the Procedure” for a quick recap..
- New steps in the Procedure boxes included in all surgical chapters
- Get up-to-date guidance on everything from general background and pathology for surgical problems to patient and treatment selection, step-by-step surgical techniques, and post-operative concerns.
- Benefit from the strong visual support of more than 1,200 illustrations and photographs, now colorized to even more clearly portray the location of blood vessels, ligaments, and other structures.
- Access high-quality video demonstrations online and see exactly how to perform selected vaginal surgeries.
- Explore innovative techniques with a new chapter on robotic surgery. In addition, the chapter on electrosurgical techniques has been extensively updated to include vessel sealing instruments.
- Discover fresh ideas and approaches thanks to new contributing authors
- Gain new insights into professional liability with an increased emphasis on risk prevention.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
Table of Contents
Section I-General Topics Affecting Gynecology Surgery Practice
1. Operative Gynecology Before the Era of Laparoscopy: A Brief History
2. The Ethics of Pelvic Surgery
3. Psychological Aspects of Pelvic Surgery
4. Professional Liability and Risk Management for the Gynecologic Surgeon
5. The Changing Environment in Which We Practice Gynecologic Surgery
6. Training the Gynecologic Surgeon. Maintaining and Improving Surgical Skills,
by Victoria Handa (chapter 7 combined into ch. 6)
Section II-Principles of Anatomy and Perioperative Considerations
7. Surgical Anatomy of the Female Pelvis
8. Preoperative Care
9. Postanesthesia and Postoperative Care
10. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Metabolism
11. Postoperative Infections: Prevention and Management
12. Shock in the Gynecological Patient
13. Wound Healing, Suture Material, and Surgical Instrumentation
Section III-Principles of Gynecologic Surgical Techniques and Management of Endoscopy
14. Incisions for Gynecologic Surgery
15. Principles of Electrosurgery and Laser as Applied to Gynecology
16. Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy
17. Robotic surgery in Te Linde’s Operative Gynecology (title OK?)
18. Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy
19. Control of Pelvic Hemorrhage
Section IV-Surgery for Fertility
20. The Impact of Assisted Reproductive Technology on Gynecological Surgery
21. Reconstructive Tubal Surgery
Section V-Surgery for Benign Gynecologic Conditions
23. Surgical Conditions of the Vulva
24. Surgical Conditions of the Vagina and Urethra
25. Surgery for Anomalies of the Mullerian Ducts
26. Normal and Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
27. Tubal Sterilization
28. Surgery for Benign Disease of the Ovary
29. Persistent or Chronic Pelvic Pain
30. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
31. Leiomyomata Uteri and Myomectomy
32A. Abdominal Hysterectomy
32B. Vaginal Hysterectomy
32C. Laparoscopic Hysterctomy
Section VI-Surgery for Obstetrics
33. Management of Abortion
34. Ectopic Pregnancy
35A. Obstetric Problem
35B. Ovarian Tumors Complicating Pregnancy
Section VII-Surgery for Corrections of Defects in Pelvic Support and Pelvic Fistulas
36. Pelvic Organ Prolapse
37. Reconstruction of the Anterior Vagina
38. Reconstruction of the Posterior Vagina
39. Vaginal Vault Prolapse
40. The Nonsurgical Management of Pelvic Organ Prolapse: The Use of Vaginal Pessaries
41. Stress Urinary Incontinence
42. Operative Injuries to the Ureter
43. Vesicovaginal Fistula and Urethrovaginal Fistula
44. Anal Incontinence and Rectovaginal Fistula
Section VIII-Related Surgery
45. Breast Diseases: Benign and Malignant
46. The Vermiform Appendix in Relation to Gynecology
47. Intestinal Tract in Gynecologic Surgery
48. Nongynecologic Conditions Encountered by the Gynecologic Surgeon
Section IX-Gynecologic Oncology
49. Malignancies of the Vulva
50. Cervical Cancer Precursor and Their Management
51. Cancer of the Cervix
52. Endometrial Cancer
53. Ovarian Cancer: Etiology, Screening, and Surgery
54. Pelvic Exenteration
55. Surgical Reconstruction of the Pelvis in Gynecologic Cancer Patients
About the Author(s)
Howard W Jones MD
Professor & Chairman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
John A Rock MD
Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs
Dean, College of Medicine
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Deaprtment of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Florida International University