Whether you are a practicing massage therapist or a massage therapy student, you’ll find everything you need to know to incorporate multi-layered and multi-textured spa treatments into your massage practice with Spa Bodywork, Second Edition.
Featuring new treatments, new photos, new technique video clips, and an expanded set of online tools, the Second Edition helps you develop the skills you need to gain a competitive advantage when seeking work in the spa industry or adding spa treatments to your private practice.
All treatments—from salt and sugar glows to body polish to stone massage—are covered in step-by-step detail, illustrated with photographs that show how to position the client and how to apply products such as seaweed, essential oils, and mud, and enhanced by exciting online video clips that bring techniques to life.
While wet-room equipment and techniques are covered, the book focuses on spa treatments that can be done in dry-room settings, such as massage clinics or day spas—without need to purchase expensive equipment. This proven resource will help you:
- Hone your skills in popular spa techniques ranging from draping to body polish to stone massage with step-by-step coverage of each treatment, enhanced by over 90 minutes of video clips.
- Deliver treatments that reflect the most current trends in spa treatments with practical coverage of the latest techniques, a new chapter showing how spa techniques can be easily used to enhance wellness massage,, and new photographs.
- Master important details of each treatment with tips on indications and contraindications, equipment needs, product choices, promotion, and client management.
- Prepare for a successful career in the spa industry with practical advice on how to develop original services, write a spa program, create a spa menu, and handle marketing, retail sales, and budgeting.
- Master key concepts and skills with summaries, review questions, references,
fill-in-the-blank questions, and a Spa Fusion section at the end of each chapter
that includes study tips, fun activities, professional development ideas,
To further ensure success, the book is accompanied by FREE resources, including 90 minutes of technique video clips, a quiz bank, and sample forms, as well as a fully searchable online version of the text that provides anytime, anywhere access to the book’s content and images.