Lavishly illustrated and easy to use, this comprehensive guide covers every aspect of fetal heart examination and all major cardiac malformations. World-renowned experts in the field, Drs. Abuhamad and Chaoui, world-renowned experts in the field, have meticulously updated and expanded this third edition while maintaining its systematic and methodical approach. New chapters, 25% new images, and a practical, concise format make this reference indispensable for both physicians and sonographers in the detection of congenital heart disease.
- Thoroughly illustrated ultrasound images in color are accompanied by clear, colorful schematic drawings that depict cardiac anomalies.
- Numerous tables outline common and differentiating features of various cardiac malformations.
- Disorders are discussed in terms of the ultrasound findings, with key points summarized at the end of each chapter.
- The first half of the text covers the technical aspects of the cardiac exam and includes new chapters on risk factors for cardiac defects, national and international guidelines for fetal cardiac screening and fetal echocardiography, optimizing the cardiac examination, cardiac embryology, the three-vessel-trachea view, and the venous system.
- The second half of the text features detailed discussions of fetal cardiac malformations, each presented in a practical, methodical format that includes the definition, spectrum of disease and incidence, the use of gray scale, color Doppler, 3D and early gestation ultrasound in diagnosis, followed by the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and outcome.
Now included with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet, or accessible online and includes features like:
· Complete content with enhanced navigation
· A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
· Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
· Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
· Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
· Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
1 Congenital Heart Disease: Incidence, risk factors and prevention strategies
2 Guidelines for the sonographic screening and Echocardiogram of the fetal heart
3 Embryology of the heart
4 Genetic aspects of congenital heart disease
5 Cardiac Anatomy
6 Fetal situs
7 The Cardiac Chambers: the four-chamber and short-axis views
8 The Great Vessels : Axial, Oblique and sagittal views
9 The Three-Vessel-Trachea View
10 Systematic evaluation of the venous system
11 Optimization of the two-dimensional gray-scale in fetal Cardiac Examination
12 Color Doppler Fetal Echocardiography
13 Pulsed Doppler fetal Echocardiography
14 Fetal Cardiac function
15 Three and four dimensional Ultrasound of the Fetal Heart
16 Fetal cardiac examination in early gestation
17 Fetal cardiac measurements and reference ranges
18 Atrial, Ventricular and Atrioventricular Septal Defects
19 Univentricular Atrioventricular Connection, Double Inlet Ventricle, and Tricuspid Atresia with Ventricular Septal Defect
20 Ebstein Anomaly, Tricuspid Valve Dysplasia and Tricuspid Regurgitation
21 Aortic Stenosis and bicuspid aortic valve
22 Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and critical aortic stenosis
23 Coarctation of the aorta and Interrupted Aortic Arch
24 Pulmonary Stenosis and Pulmonary Atresia with intact interventricular septum
25 Tetralogy of Fallot, Pulmonary Atresia with Ventricular Septal Defect, and Absent Pulmonary Valve Syndrome.
26 Common Arterial Trunk
27 Double Outlet Right Ventricle
28 Complete and congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries
29 Right Aortic Arch, Double Aortic Arch, and Aberrant Subclavian Artery
30 Fetal Heterotaxy
31 Anomalies of Systemic and Pulmonary Venous Connections
32 Fetal Cardiomyopathies and fetal heart tumors
33 Rare and miscellaneous cardiac anomalies
34 Fetal Arrhythmias
35 Parental Counselling in CHD
36 Appendix (Tables and Graphs on Cardiac Biometry)
Alfred Z. Abuhamad MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
Rabih Chaoui MD
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prenatal Diagnosis and Human Genetics Center, Berlin, Germany